If you are the subject of a criminal investigation in Baltimore Maryland, you have– and should assert– the right to remain silent. Before you speak with the authorities, you should also contact a skilled criminal defense lawyer. A defense lawyer will protect your constitutional rights and help you avoid criminal penalties.
Our criminal defense lawyers can represent you in the following cases:
- Digital Crimes
- Domestic Cases
- Drug Charges
- Alcohol Related Offenses
- Sex Offenses
- Theft Crimes
- Traffic violations
- Violent crimes
- White collar crimes
- Asset Forfeiture
- Felony Charges
- Child pornography
- Computer crimes
- DWI / DUI / Drunk Driving
- Family and domestic cases
- Indecent exposure
- Juvenile cases
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Rape and statutory rape
- Sexual assault
- Sex abuse of a child
- Third-degree and fourth-degree sex offenses
- Weapons Crimes
We Build Personalized Defenses and Handle All Criminal Matters
We represent clients in a wide variety of state and federal criminal cases, from minor traffic violations and misdemeanors to serious felonies. And, we provide personalized attention and customized legal strategies that focus on you and your family’s needs. Our criminal defense practice includes:
- Computer tampering,
- Copyright infringement,
- Piracy and file sharing offenses, and
- Possession and distribution of child pornography
- Child abuse and endangerment,
- Domestic or spousal abuse, and
- Protective orders
- Possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia,
- Distribution of narcotics,
- Drug manufacturing, and
- DWI/DUI (drunk driving or drugged driving),
- Drugged driving,
- DUI involving a death or serious injury,
- Refusal to submit to chemical testing, and
- Underage drinking.
- Child Pornography,
- Indecent exposure,
- Prostitution and solicitation
- Rape and statutory rape, and
- Sexual Assault
- Identity theft,
- Robbery, and
- Shoplifting and retail theft,
- Driver’s license revocation and suspension,
- Minor traffic violations (involving fines and points), and
- Major traffic violations (involving potential jail time)
- Assault and battery,
- Manslaughter, and
- Weapons charges.
White Collar Crimes
- Embezzlement, and
- Tax evasion.
If you have questions about these or other criminal charges, contact us immediately.
A Criminal Record or Conviction Can Be Catastrophic
A criminal record can negatively impact your life in many ways, including jail time, significant financial penalties, and social stigma. And, even if you are not incarcerated you might still face:
- Difficulties finding work and housing,
- Rejection by schools and other educational institutions,
- Problems with child custody,
- Mandatory drug and alcohol testing and rehab,
- Loss of your driver’s license,
- Highly restrictive probation requirements, and
- Increased car insurance premiums (in DUI and DWI cases).
For these reasons, you simply cannot ignore your criminal case. Instead, you need to fight alongside a determined, aggressive, and creative criminal defense lawyer.
Choosing the Right Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you are facing criminal charges, don’t face a judge and jury alone. At James E. Crawford & Associates, we take the responsibility of criminal defense seriously. Unlike many law firms, we have an unwavering belief in the importance of the United States Constitution– especially your rights under the Fourth Amendment (prohibiting unlawful searches and seizures) and Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments (your right to due process).
You are always entitled to your day in court and the prosecutor must prove his or her case beyond a reasonable doubt. Many criminal prosecutions are motivated by unjust mean. Consequently, many innocent people are charged and convicted of crimes. For these reasons, criminal defense is a vital part of the criminal justice system.
A criminal defense lawyer’s job is to:
- Fully investigate the circumstances surrounding your criminal charges,
- Evaluate the strength of the prosecutor’s arguments,
- Identify procedural errors,
- Craft strong defenses,
- Educate you about your legal rights and options,
- Present pre-trial motions,
- Negotiate for dismissal or a plea bargain,
- Present the best possible defenses and legal arguments to a jury, and
- Consider alternative sentencing options and diversion programs.
Choosing the right defense lawyer might be the difference between a conviction and an acquittal. Before you hire a criminal defense lawyer, make sure you are comfortable with his or her approach and outlook. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the lawyer’s experience, work ethic, and other qualifications.
We Will Fight For Your Rights in Baltimore Maryland
When you hire a criminal defense lawyer from James E. Crawford & Associates, we combine over twenty years of litigation experience with unwavering attention to detail and compassionate advice. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact us immediately if you are arrested or charged with a criminal offense.
If you are in need of a Baltimore, Maryland Criminal Defense lawyer, contact James E. Crawford, Jr. & Associates at 443-709-9999 today!